All Ivy Tech Central Indiana locations will operate virtually on Tuesday, February 16.
This means all campus buildings will be closed, but campus offices and classes will operate on a normal schedule, virtually.
Central Indiana locations include Downtown, Lawrence, Avon, Franklin, Greencastle, Mooresville, Noblesville, and Shelbyville.
For students in need of wifi or computer access, computer labs at the downtown (North Meridian Center) and Lawrence (Fairbanks building) will be open. All other buildings in the service area will be closed. You can visit the Virtual Front Desk at IvyTech.edu/IndyHelp for assistance.
GET CAMPUS ALERTS
- All campus alerts are sent through IvyAlert.
- Please make sure your IvyAlert contact information and preferences are up to date.
- Instructions available at IvyTech.edu/alert.
IvyAlert messages for any future news or updates will be posted on MyIvy as well. However, if you are not receiving IvyAlerts, please go to IvyTech.edu/alert to sign up or update your preference settings as soon as possible.
VIRTUAL INSTRUCTION INFORMATION
- Log into each class in IvyLearn to look for directions posted from their instructor on the plan for a virtual class day.
- Log in prior to course meetings times to be prepared for a live class meeting.
- Specific guidance for labs or clinicals will be communicated to students by the course instructor or program/school leadership in IvyLearn, e-mail, or other previously planned communication.
- Use this link for more information on virtual services for Ivy Tech Central Indiana: IvyTech.edu/IndyHelp.
- Faculty should post announcements in IvyLearn for the day and continue course instruction as planned utilizing virtual options.
- Additional guidance will be provided to faculty on a programmatic level from Chair and/or Dean.
- Staff should plan to work a normal schedule remotely, using remote access just as they would when working virtually any other day.
- If an employee is unable to work remotely, they should contact their supervisor if they have not already done so.
- Staff will be available through e-mail and will forward phones for calls (if applicable).